Responding to Illness FAQ
Hannah Widgren, Health Coordinator
Tuesday, March 9, at 9:30 a.m.
Procedures and Policies in Case of Suspected COVID-19 Infection
These policies and procedures are subject to change and will be updated regularly.
This document makes frequent references to the Pandemic Recovery Framework for Schools, published by the San Mateo Coalition for Safe Schools and Communities. (Access the full PDF by clicking the link titled “Pandemic Recovery Framework for Schools.”) Citations of this document are abbreviated “(PRFS, p. xx)” where “xx” is the relevant page number within the PDF document.
- What should I do if a person was exposed to someone (not in our immediate family) with confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- What should I do if someone in our immediate household, other than the PBS student or employee, tests positive for COVID-19?
- What if a person tests positive for COVID-19?
- Will the PBS community be informed about positive cases at school?
- Will the affected cohort quarantine if there is a positive COVID case within a cohort?
- Will the affected cohort quarantine if there is a positive household member (e.g., spouse, parent, roommate, or non-PBS sibling?)
- Will PBS close the entire campus if there are isolated positive COVID-19 cases in PBS students or employees?
- Will PBS close the entire campus in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak?
- What sanitation measures will PBS take during the closure and/or during operating hours?
- What happens if a teacher or staff member has COVID-19 symptoms or feels ill?
- How does the COVID-19 vaccine affect these policies and practices?