Community Statement of Responsibility
Scott Erickson, Head of School
Thursday, October 1, at 12:45 p.m.
This Statement of Responsibility assumes positive intent and uses the same approach and underlying philosophy as our Community Norms and Behavior Management Model. All three have been designed with input from faculty, staff, and parent leaders.
As members of the PBS community, we affirm and uphold our responsibility to one another and agree that we will:
- Make the health and safety of our individual families and the PBS community our top priority, recognizing that at times this will mean putting compliance with health protocols over family convenience. Our choices have a direct impact on the health and safety of our community.
- Take responsibility for reading and complying with all of the guidelines posted on the COVID Portal on the PBS website.
- Follow all government requirements and recommendations regarding best practices around health and hygiene.
- Comply with the published testing protocol and test reporting requirements, as well as daily symptom monitoring, reporting, and health verification via the One Medical app or other reporting mechanism chosen by the school.
- Consciously limit physical social interactions outside of our individual families and our families’ intentionally chosen social bubbles.
- Maintain consistent use of face coverings and physical distancing both on and off campus and will encourage those around us to do the same.
- Limit travel throughout the school year, where possible, and adhere to the school’s established quarantine, testing, and other requirements following risky travel.
- Immediately notify PBS if we are aware of a member of our own household with a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Immediately notify PBS if we are aware of a member of our own household who is known or suspected to have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Remain mindful of our own and others’ mental health and safety during this time. We will practice self-care and remain non-judgemental in our thoughts about other PBS community members.