The Annual Fund
Supporting Today’s PBS
Today’s giving benefits every student, every day.
The Annual Fund, our most critical fundraising initiative, ensures that we are able to provide an exceptional experience to every lifelong learner at PBS. School-wide participation in this effort is a testament to our core value of "Community" and demonstrates our collective commitment to support our students, our faculty and staff, and each other.
Please watch this video of Co-chairs Miriam Breeding, Alex Albert, and Head of School Scott Erickson as they speak about the importance of your participation in this year's Annual Fund!
- What is the Annual Fund?
- What does the Annual Fund support?
- Why are these needs not covered by our tuition payments?
- When is the Annual Fund?
- Who should participate in the Annual Fund?
- How much should we give to the Annual Fund?
- What other fundraising efforts should we consider when determining our Annual Fund gift?
- How can I get involved and support the Annual Fund effort?
The Annual Fund supports nearly every aspect of the PBS experience, providing immediate resources that enable us to:
- Attract and retain the best faculty
- Develop the academic, artist, and creator in every student
- Incorporate innovative technologies in the classroom
- Pursue exciting learning opportunities with agility
- Remain flexible and prepared to meet the unexpected
- In line with the traditional independent school model, tuition revenue does not cover the full cost of a PBS education. Rather than raise tuition across the board, we look to the generosity of our school community to help close the gap.
Contributions to the Annual Fund are allocated to the following philanthropic priorities:
- Academic Programs
- Faculty Support and Professional Development
- Arts and Music
- Athletic Programs
- Facilities and Campus Improvements
- Financial Aid
PBS’s Head’s Circle includes Annual Fund donors who contribute $10,000 or more within the fiscal year. These donors are invited to our Head’s Circle Reception so the school can update and thank them for your leadership support to the school.
Goals for 2022–2023
- 100% participation from families. We hope that the Annual Fund can be a gift from the entire PBS community to our students. We ask that each current family consider a donation that is meaningful to them and that places PBS among their top philanthropic priorities for the year.
- Raise $1.2 million. Each year we strive to raise over $1 million dollars during our Annual Fund. It supports PBS in recruiting and maintaining our incredible faculty and staff, pays for supplies, and is a vital resource for our school.
- Secure gift commitments by early Fall. The money we raise this year is spent this year, please make your gift or pledge early.
Successfully achieving these goals will provide the necessary resources to ensure that this school year is filled with learning, growing, and playing for each and every one.
We are so grateful to all those who have made PBS a top philanthropic priority with a gift to this year's Annual Fund. Please consider joining this generous group as we strive for 100% participation.
…to the following community members for leading the way!
Check back for our list of initial supporters in late September
With the help of our generous community, the following organizations have committed to our Annual Fund goal for the school year.
- Applied Materials
- JP Morgan Chase
- Lawrence Livermore Labs
- Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Microsoft Corp.
- Samsara Networks
- Silver Lake
Visit our Ways to Give page to see if your organization offers a matching gifts program.