Phillips Brooks School (PBS) announces a search for a full-time co-teacher in 4th grade or 5th grade. Reporting to the Director of 3rd–5th Grades and Specialists, the Upper Elementary Co-teacher teaches alongside two lead teachers at their grade level.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and identities and are committed to an inclusive work environment. You'll have an opportunity to contribute to an upbeat, growth-oriented professional learning community that appreciates collaboration, creativity, and an innovative approach to all aspects of school life. We strive daily to uphold our mission and core values of kindness, courage, community, and love of learning
For more information on Phillips Brooks School, please visit: www.phillipsbrooks.org
- Teach PBS curriculum aligning with our teaching standards, alongside and in collaboration with two mentor teachers to develop and present differentiated lessons across all content areas.
- Share leadership and decision-making with lead teachers to best support student learning and engagement.
- Design creative and engaging activities and projects to support cross-curricular learning with teaching teams and specialists
- Communicate regularly with families about student progress in emotional intelligence and academics
- Expand toolbox of teaching techniques and stay current on best practices through on-the-ground training, professional development opportunities, and our professional growth cycle
A successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to grow as an educator with the ultimate goal of pursuing a lead teaching position. Within this model, the candidate will experience all elements of being a teacher with the added supports of mentorship and collaboration. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, flexibility, a nurturing teaching style, and a sense of humor. Training in Responsive Classroom and similar approaches to social-emotional learning is preferred.
The position requires an undergraduate degree and experience working with children. Preferred qualifications include specific teaching in a K–5 setting and a credential and/or master’s degree in elementary education or an education-related field.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three to five references (including current supervisor and head of school/principal). Please combine all documents into a single PDF and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Co-Teacher - (your last name). Only those candidates who meet the job requirements and submit all application materials will be considered.