Phillips Brooks School (PBS) announces a search for an elementary-grades lead teacher. Reporting to the corresponding grade-level director, the Elementary Lead Teacher is responsible for instruction in literacy, math, and social studies.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and identities and are committed to an inclusive work environment. You'll have an opportunity to contribute to an upbeat, growth-oriented professional learning community that appreciates collaboration, creativity, and an innovative approach to all aspects of school life. We strive daily to uphold our mission and core values of kindness, courage, community, and love of learning
For more information on Phillips Brooks School, please visit: www.phillipsbrooks.org
The teacher facilitates hands-on projects and promotes collaboration among students. Furthermore, the teacher is attuned to the specific learning needs and social and emotional development of each student. As the central figure in the network of adults supporting each child, the teacher maintains ongoing communications, formal and informal, with parents, specialists, and administrators. The teacher is also responsible for:
- Teaching an intentional social–emotional learning curriculum.
- Establishing a classroom environment with clear and consistent routines and expectations to promote student autonomy and engagement.
- Ensuring the safety of each student by supervising and engaging in recess games, lunch, and transitions between classrooms.
- Creating differentiated learning experiences aligned with formative assessments.
- Contributing to interdisciplinary curriculum design and student support strategies with the grade-level team and specialists.
- Supporting the professional growth of the associate teacher with clear expectations, opportunities for demonstrations, and constructive feedback.
- Bringing heart, dedication, collaboration, passion, and humor to our vibrant learning community.
The successful candidate must love working with K-5 children, possess a nurturing teaching style, and interact productively with parents. The position requires an undergraduate degree and at least three years of experience teaching elementary school. Preferred qualifications include specific experience teaching at the grade level, a Multiple Subject Credential, and a master’s degree in education or a related field. A demonstrated understanding in Responsive Classroom, Readers and Writers Workshop, and Bridges in Mathematics would allow a strong candidate to smoothly implement hallmarks of the PBS program.
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three to five references (including current supervisor). Please combine all documents into a single PDF and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Elementary Teacher – [your last name].