Under the direction of the Assistant Head of School for Advancement and Strategy, the Campaign Director will support the execution of Phillips Brooks School's exciting new fundraising priorities. PBS has a wonderfully generous community and has had unprecedented success in both fundraising and volunteerism on campus, and we hope to continue that momentum with several upcoming new initiatives.
The Campaign Director is responsible for managing PBS’s capital campaign; supporting the efforts of the school’s leadership; and leading the Capital Campaign Committee to cultivate, solicit and steward campaign and leadership donors. This essential position will help support the school's mission to encourage joyful giving and enthusiastically celebrate the generosity of volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and identities and are committed to an inclusive work environment. You'll have an opportunity to contribute to an upbeat professional learning community that appreciates creativity and an innovative approach to supporting our philanthropic community.
For more information on Phillips Brooks School, please visit: www.phillipsbrooks.org
- Work with the Assistant Head of School for Advancement and Strategy and campaign volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors to the Capital Campaign.
- Lead campaign committee meetings, create cultivation opportunities and solicitation briefings and ensure appropriate campaign donor stewardship.
- Oversee the campaign communications timeline, and develop communication materials in partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Develop and maintain a moves management system to track campaign and major gifts progress
- Create and distribute prospect management reports for volunteers and school leadership and update documents and tracking systems.
- Oversee campaign event planning and coordination around stewardship and recognition plans
- Oversee campaign gift documentation and acknowledgment process to ensure personal, timely, and appropriate recognition of support, including monthly reconciliation with the Business Office.
- Other duties as needed, to support the whole Advancement team in the long term development goals of PBS.
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Challenging experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented development shop with a track record of success
- Experience conceptualizing, writing and coordinating advancement materials
- Superb organization and project management skills, with the ability to create long term strategies and execute on short term deliverables
- Experience with or interest in independent schools and Bay Area philanthropy.
- Track record of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills. Must be an active listener and open-minded collaborator
- Must possess a growth mindset and a nimble and flexible attitude
- Working knowledge of Google’s G Suite and Microsoft Office products required
- Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work, as required
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three to five references (including current supervisor). Please combine all documents into a single PDF and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Campaign Director – [your last name].