New York, NY:
The 2019 Spring Benefit
Saturday, April 27, 2019 • 6:00 p.m.
Sharon Heights Golf and Country Club
Early-bird tickets ($210/ticket) on sale now through April 1, 2019.
Regular-price tickets ($240/ticket) will go on sale April 2, 2019.
Learn more about the Spring Benefit
- Funding Priorities
- Supporting the Spring Benefit
- Party for PBS: Host a Party
- Live and Silent Auctions: Donate an Item
- Wine Raffle: Donate a Bottle
Funds raised by the Spring Benefit are directed toward our school's two biggest priorities, our students and our faculty:
- Each dollar given toward Fund-A-Student or pledged during the evening paddle-raise will help fund next year’s financial aid budget, allowing us to make the full cost of attending PBS affordable for a wide array of families and helping to build the inclusive community we all treasure.
- All other net proceeds from the Benefit go toward next year's faculty salaries, benefits, and professional development, helping PBS to offer competitive compensation packages and to attract, retain, and develop exceptional educators.
Supporting the Spring Benefit
Sponsorship Ticket Packages
Please consider maximizing our event proceeds and supporting our faculty even more by purchasing a sponsorship ticket package. Proceeds from sponsorship help underwrite the cost of the Benefit and go toward the funding priorities listed above. Sponsorship levels include:
- $10,000 (includes two guest tickets, underwriting support of eight teacher tickets, and a magnum of wine to enjoy at the Spring Benefit)
- $5,000 (includes two guest tickets, underwriting support of five teacher tickets, and a bottle of wine to enjoy at the Spring Benefit)
- $2,500 (includes two guest tickets and underwriting support of two teacher tickets)
- $1,000 (includes two guest tickets)
You can make a donation of $210 to provide underwriting support of one teacher ticket.
Party for PBS
Parties for PBS come in three varieties: parents-only, kids-only, and family parties. These fun-filled events raise funds to support program initiatives at PBS and, more importantly, serve to build community and celebrate generosity year-round. Party hosts cover the costs of each party so that 100% of each ticket sold goes to the school.
The Spring Benefit is the launching pad each year to promote and gather new and old friends to join you at these parties. We always welcome new ideas and families to participate. If you are interested in hosting, please contact Elizabeth Leep.
Here are some party ideas that have succeeded in the past: • Back-to-school • End-of-the-year • Movie night • Pool party • Arts-and-crafts • Tea party • Havana Night • Themed party (White Haute) • Moms’ or dads’ night out
The Spring Benefit committee is looking for items to include in the silent and live auctions. We receive a wide variety of items from the PBS community, and each item helps us reach our goal. Our wish list includes:
- Vacation homes for a long weekend or week
- Wine tours/tastings
- Unique experiences for children
- A round of golf at a private course
- Cultural experiences: tickets to the theater, ballet, concerts, etc.
- Sports experiences with the 49ers, Raiders, Warriors, Giants, etc.
- A celebrity chef experience or local Michelin-star restaurant experiences or gift certificates
- Las Vegas experiences: restaurants, show tickets, spa experiences, hotels, and flights
- New York experiences: a Michelin-star dinner in NYC, tickets to Broadway shows, 2-night stay at a 4- or 5-star hotel in NYC, flights or private jet to NYC for 2 or 4
The wine committee is looking for donations to be part of the wine raffle. We’re looking for bottles that are 98+ Robert Parker points, that are interesting to you, or that have a great story behind the bottle. If you would like to donate or have questions, contact Basil Enan, Nick Halsey, Shant Sood, and Yi Wang.
Looking for inspiration? Here are last year’s wine raffle lots!
This year, based on feedback we’ve received from the community about how to make this event even more fun, the Spring Benefit committee will be assigning guests to specific tables. In this way, we hope to eliminate the guesswork about where to sit and to ease the rush get into the ballroom early to save seats.
Please make sure that you respond to the questions on the registration form to share your seating preferences with us!
What to Wear
Be your most glamorous and travel to New York City for the night, without leaving Menlo Park! From cocktail to black tie to a costume, come in your favorite attire to celebrate the Big Apple.
Sharon Heights Golf and Country Club
2900 Sand Hill Road • Menlo Park