Party for PBS
COVID-19 Party for PBS Information: Updated August 17
Opening school safely and having our students back on campus is our number one priority. To align with this, all in-person August and September events have been POSTPONED until later this fall. This includes all in-person back-to-school, child parties or parent parties. Virtual parties in September and October will not be affected. This was a hard decision to make and we really look forward to getting together when it is safe to do so.
At this time, we are not moving any October or November events. We will continue to update party guests and hosts with the latest information. If you have any questions, contact Meiko Lunetta, Advancement Manager. Also, please read our most recent communication sent to the community on Wednesday, August 18, detailing our decision to postpone.
Party for PBS is a long-standing PBS tradition of parent-hosted parties connected to the Spring Benefit. Our community has always loved to get together with one another and after a year of COVID hiatus, we are thrilled to be bringing back this important program, which not only raises meaningful funds for our financial aid program but also builds connection throughout the year. When you host or attend a Party for PBS event it’s a win-win for our community!
Party for PBS events are hosted and underwritten directly by families, allowing 100% of ticket sales to go directly to supporting financial aid. The events held are as diverse as our community; some are child-focused, others parent-focused. In order to maximize accessibility, the school makes some child party tickets available free of charge for financial aid families or new families and sets other guidelines and expectations for parties that ensure that there are opportunities for all members of our community to join in the fun.
This year, our goal is to have:
- One end-of-year virtual party scheduled for each grade (in May or June 2021)
- One back-to-school party scheduled for each grade (in August or September 2021), which can be planned flexibly to adapt to COVID conditions and guidance in the fall
- One additional party opportunity for each grade held between May 2021 and March 2022
- One or two all-school or mixed-grade virtual parties
- Several parent parties with a mix of small physically distanced options and virtual parties (in May through December 2021)
- Two all-school, in-person, outdoor back-to-school parent party in fall 2021
- One all-school, virtual back-to-school parent party in fall 2021
In a time where a little extra kindness and gratitude goes a long way, we’re encouraging some “pay it forward” style parties! Here are some ideas to get you started: Organize a park or beach clean-up followed by a picnic, Host a card making party and deliver them to local hospitals, Create flower arrangements and drop them at Senior Centers, Host a mask making or decorating party and drop them off at a local non-profit.