The PBS COVID Fund
Total Costs ($1.45m)
This year, in addition to your Annual Fund support, we need your help to meet the unexpected in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The school has invested $1.45 million (in addition to already budgeted expenditures) to meet the needs of our students, faculty, and staff during this time.
Improvements to Campus ($550k)
- Bathroom updates and 25 additional touchless hand-washing stations
- Converting indoor and outdoor spaces for instruction, including the purchase of tents and portable chairs for students
- HVAC and air ventilation improvements in classrooms and office areas
Investments in Faculty ($425k)
- Additional teachers to deliver our curriculum effectively and in smaller student groups
- Investment in student academic progress executed by teachers in Summer R&R Program
- Investment in professional development for blended learning model and distance learning model
- Promotions to co-teachers and lead teacher to level-up salary to increased responsibilities for curriculum delivery and student supervision
Health and Safety Support ($275k)
- Additional personnel in health, cleaning, and daytime sanitizing to keep the campus as safe as possible
- PPE inventory for faculty, staff, and students
- One Medical partnership to facilitate access to COVID off-site testing and tracking, ongoing consulting and expertise, and daily symptom screening
- Student on-site testing in November and December
- At-home testing kits
- Retained Joffe Emergency Services, a nationally recognized firm that supports hundreds of independent schools, to advise us on campus prep and safety
- Faculty on-site testing
- iPads for all elementary students
- Zoom upgrades, new adaptive learning platforms, and other specialized software to keep students engaged while in distance learning
Financial Aid ($75k)
- Increase in financial assistance so families can remain at PBS
An update from the PBS Board Finance Committee
from Marshall Haines, Board Vice Chair for Finance, sent Oct. 23
Progress and Gratitude Page
Support the PBS COVID Fund
This year, in addition to your Annual Fund support, we need your help to meet the unexpected in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The school has invested $1.45 million (as of Nov. 16, in addition to already budgeted expenditures) to meet the needs of our students, faculty, and staff during this time.
The additional COVID-specific investment in our campus, our team, and our community has helped us to…
- …support our faculty and staff, our school’s most important resource
- …increase financial aid support
- …provide robust academic resourcing for both on-campus and distance learners, including additional teachers
- …double the size of our 1:1 iPad program and invest in the software needed to connect securely with remote learners, and
- …provide the staffing, equipment, and training needed to keep the campus clean and safe and to meet new state mandates
Pledge or Give Online
Fill out our secure online form to make an Annual Fund gift or pledge of any size.
Mail a Check
Mail your check to:
And don't forget to include your contact information, so we can thank you properly!
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Giving stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares is easy and can come with significant tax benefits. Just follow these instructions.
Multiply the power of your gift! Find out if your employer matches donations.
Contact the Advancement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Phone in a Gift
Contact the Advancement Office at 650-854-4545 x139.