We thank everyone for their outstanding community commitment to our Annual Fund and the COVID Fund. Collectively, we have raised over $1.68MM, money that will be invested this year directly in providing vital academic programs, faculty and staff support, and health and safety measures essential to keep our community vibrant and safe.
Our participation rate of over 90% is a testament to the collective strength of the dedication and investment we make in PBS and each other. Please take a moment to appreciate those families that contributed this year to our annual fundraising efforts. I have never been so proud to be a partner with this community. We are truly stronger together.
Assistant Head of School for Advancement and Strategy
The Annual Fund
Supporting Today’s PBS
Today’s giving benefits every student, every day.
Our Annual Fund is the collective gift of our entire community. Our goal is to achieve 100% participation and support from all current parents and trustees.
Your generosity empowers us to attract and retain the best faculty; develop the academic, artist and athlete in every student; incorporate innovative technologies in the classroom; and pursue exciting learning opportunities with agility.
The Annual Fund supports critical investments that help our students flourish—those that we can’t fund with tuition alone. The Annual Fund helps to bridge the gap between tuition revenue and the expense of providing an exceptional elementary education to every PBS student. The Annual Fund is the school’s main philanthropic priority each year.
This fund directly contributes to the PBS mission of motivating students to love learning and to grow to be their best selves. Gifts to the Annual Fund support virtually every aspect of school life. Faculty professional development, financial aid, field trips, special speakers and assemblies, and music and art supplies are just some of the ways Annual Fund dollars make a measurable impact on the academic program and on PBS children’s education in a typical year. Contributions to the Annual Fund are unrestricted gifts, and the funds are given and spent in the current fiscal year.
Gifts to the Annual Fund are spent in the academic year in which they are given and are put immediately to work in the classroom to enhance your child’s education. Parents are asked to make a gift or pledge by November 30, 2021. Payment can be completed through Graduation Day 2022.
Parent volunteers and members of the school’s Advancement Team contact PBS families in the fall to seek financial support annually. This year’s Annual Fund Co-Chairs are Joe Kauffman and Laurel Banks.
Goals for 2021–2022
- 100% participation from families. We hope that the Annual Fund can be a gift from the entire PBS community to our students. We ask that each current family consider a donation that is meaningful to them and that places PBS among their top philanthropic priorities for the year.
- Raise $1.1 million. Each year we strive to raise over $1 million dollars during our Annual Fund. This helps to covers the “gap” between tuition and our expenses. It supports PBS in recruiting and maintaining our incredible faculty and staff, pays for supplies and is a vital resource for our school. An exciting programmatic addition for this year is Fly Five, our new social and emotional learning (SEL) curriculum.
- Secure gift commitments by November 30, 2021. The money we raise this year is spent this year, so by making your gift or pledge before the end of November, you can help us know what we can count on in the second half of the school year.
- Why is the Annual Fund needed? Why not simply fund the school’s needs through tuition and fees?
- How does the Annual Fund differ from the Spring Benefit?
- Is our gift tax-deductible?
- Why is 100% participation important?
- How much should we give?
- What are corporate matching gifts?
- How should we divide our gift between the AF and the COVID Fund?
Pledge or Give Online
To make a gift of pledge of any amount now, fill out our secure online forms for the funds below:
Mail a Check
Mail your check to:
And don't forget to include your contact information, so we can thank you properly!
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Giving stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares is easy and can come with significant tax benefits. Just follow these instructions.
Multiply the power of your gift! Find out if your employer matches donations.
Contact the Advancement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Phone in a Gift
Contact the Advancement Office at 650-854-4545 x139.