Thank you for considering a Phillips Brooks School education for your family. We understand that investing in an independent-school education requires careful financial planning, and we want to partner with you in that goal. Here are just a few of the benefits we see in beginning your family’s education at PBS:
- An ideal environment for learning, where student development is always at the center of teacher planning and programming and where the whole family is engaged and partnering with the school in support of each child
- An inclusive community with accessible and responsive administrative leadership and teachers and extensive opportunities for parent leadership and involvement
- Differentiated, developmentally appropriate learning for each child in an atmosphere that is objective, nonjudgemental, and encouraging, enabling students to seek out challenges and take academic risks
- Graduates who are confident, resourceful, intellectually ambitious students; valuable team members; and effective relationship-builders – culturally competent, self-motivated, lifelong learners who are sought after by middle schools for these critical attributes.
We understand that each family’s financial situation is unique, so we offer a variety of payment options, including a customized payment plan for families in need of alternate payment arrangements.
Plan A. 100% paid upon submission of the Enrollment Agreement.
Plan B. 10% paid upon submission of the Enrollment Agreement; 90% paid by May 1.
Plan C. 70% paid upon submission of the Enrollment Agreement; 30% paid by December 29.
Plan D. 10% paid upon submission of the Enrollment Agreement; 60% paid by May 1; 30% paid by December 29.
Plan E. An alternative payment plan be arranged through the school’s business office.
The presence of multiple perspectives in our community and classrooms enriches the educational experience of all our lifelong learners. PBS was founded by men and women who knew the importance and power of educational accessibility. Nearly 40 years later, PBS honors that legacy with an ever-growing commitment to making an education at PBS accessible to a broad community of families. Toward that end, PBS has a need-based financial aid policy that allots a percentage of our operating budget to be used exclusively for financial aid.
Need-based aid is evaluated and awarded annually, and renewal is not automatic or guaranteed, as funds available may vary and each family’s finances may change. Families must reapply for aid each year. Each family must complete the necessary paperwork by the posted deadlines and must continue to demonstrate need for aid. Financial aid documentation must be supplied in a timely manner because awards for returning and new families are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are applying for financial aid, complete the online financial aid application and submit it to FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) by January 31, 2018. Resources: FAST Family Manual and FAST Worksheet.
Your completed tax forms for the 2017 tax year are due to FAST by February 14, 2018. Please submit your Form 1040/1040A/1040EZ, your Form 4506, and any W-2 or 1099 forms directly to the FAST processing center. Do not send them to PBS; send them to the following address:
Independent School Management
ATTN: FAST Processing
1316 N. Union St.
Wilmington, DE 19806
You may contact the FAST customer service call center directly any time by calling 877-326-FAST (3278) if you have any questions about your application.
- Priority consideration is given to applications received by the deadline; late applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Divorced, separated, or never-married parents must each submit an application.
- The Financial Aid Committee is unable to review applications until they are complete, including all documentation.
If you have questions about financial aid – including questions about eligibility thresholds and what qualifies as demonstrated need – contact Director of Finance Kim Normington at 650-854-4545 x117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other admission inquiries should be addressed to the Admission Office at x137 or email@example.com.