Last fall, we launched this program with the primary goal of better preparing our graduates for academic and social life beyond PBS. This was a program designed to help address elements of preparedness that may not have already naturally been a part of a PBS student’s experience. We hope that, over time, this program will keep PBS families from feeling pressured to seek outside resources to assist students with middle school readiness. This is the tenth in a multi-part series examining the work accomplished by various faculty teams over the summer.
Phillips Brooks School is an independent, co-educational day school offering a truly child-centered learning program for preschool through 5th grade, located in Menlo Park – neighboring Stanford University.
- PBS is a diverse community of families and educators committed to partnering in support of student learning.
- We offer intimate student-to-teacher ratios, ensuring that each child is known and loved by their teachers.
- Our Early Learning Center program engages our youngest students in creative, play-based, hands-on projects to teach early literacy, math, and problem-solving skills.
- Our innovative, rigorous, and research-based K–5 program blends literacy and math curricula with deep, experiential learning in world languages, visual art, music, and STEM.
- PBS's unmatched Emotional Intelligence program, integrated throughout the curriculum, ensures that PBS students are set up for a lifetime of being eager learners and great people.
Our learning environment features a spacious, leafy campus with several classroom buildings, multi-use structures, and play spaces…
By passionately pursuing core teaching beliefs in ways that set us apart, we create the extraordinary every day at Phillips Brooks School. We guide children to cultivate their individual talents, explore, and dig deep, while working together. In the process, they discover their best selves and truly flourish. We invite you to take a closer look at what we know and love about inspiring young learners.
The Admission team will help you complete all the steps required to join our community.
I’m writing today to catch you up on what all has been going on with us over in the Early Learning Center (ELC). As you may or may not know, we’ve been in the midst of some transitions over the last couple of months – both inside the classrooms and out on our playground. This is the ninth in a multi-part series examining the work accomplished by various faculty teams over the summer.
The primary goal for our time together was to create documentation, common language, visuals, and tools to enhance the clarity and consistency around all parts of the school day related to behavior. This is the eighth in a multi-part series examining the work accomplished by various faculty teams over the summer.