The PBS program offers a unique learning experience for all students.
- Differentiated, personally meaningful learning: workshop, lab and project-based approaches are inquiry-based, hands-on and connected to genuine interests;
- Empowering: Students are agents of their progress with vested interest in their intellectual and personal growth;
- Skills- and challenge-oriented: Students engage and apply strategies as deeply as their developmental attributes allow;
- Energized: Vibrant, dynamic activities and active investigations across all curriculum areas;
- Community-based: Collaboration and respect for different perspectives are key components for successful teaming and community-building.
Children can flourish intellectually and socially.
- Every teacher is dedicated to understanding each child as a learner and a person;
- All learning experiences are intentionally designed to cultivate students' individual strengths while building a compassionate community;
- Students are guided to reach their full potential through continual challenge and shared reflection in a supportive, empathic setting.
We offer the best of both worlds.
- Strong academics and social-emotional learning are thoroughly integrated, modeled and practiced throughout each day;
- Differentiated learning for each child happens in a highly collaborative atmosphere;
- Sustained, focused development of cognitive and interpersonal skill sets, including critical thinking and creative problem solving strategies:
- extensive experience with public speaking
- positive relationship-building attributes
- powerful teaming abilities
- technology and media literacy
- memorable service learning partnerships.
Our school's curriculum is made up of a rich and integrated combination of core and specialist curriculum. Browse this section to learn more about the curriculum.